SCADA/ ICS PENETRATION TESTING
Brisk Infosec recommends a highly consultative approach to SCADA penetration testing. Brisk Infosec looks to gain access to information about the systems being tested and reviews with the client to understand any perceived risks.
These techniques utilize both manual and automated approaches, Brisk Infosec provides access to the security configuration and management of the SCADA network environment.
1. SCADA systems are increasingly becoming a target for focused attackers. In order to ensure that SCADA based systems are secured from external threats, self-assessment and external independent testing should be performed bi-annually.
2. Ensure the attention to user management, access control and application level security parameters.
We follow the OWASP standards for SCADA/ICS Penetration testing.
Brisk Infosec’s SCADA Penetration Testing follows security testing methodologies which can include:
- Port Scanning
- System Fingerprinting
- Services Probing
- Exploit Research
- Manual Vulnerability Testing and Verification
- Manual Configuration Weakness Testing and Verification
- Administrator Privileges Escalation Testing
- Password Strength Testing
- Network Equipment Security Controls Testing
- Integrating security controls SCADA environment.
- Provides better understanding of your security measures and their weaknesses
- Prevent danger and costly damages that result from real security breaches
Why hacker target SCADA Systems and devices?
SCADA systems and devices are used in Water Management Systems, Electric Power, Traffic Signals, Mass Transit Systems, Environmental Control Systems, and Manufacturing Systems. SCADA based systems usually exert significant control over core infrastructure and the disruption of these services could have catastrophic events.
What are the threats to SCADA devices?
SCADA devices are prone to some common vulnerability such as enumeration, password cracking, network eavesdropping, and denial of service—that are found in any other types of network devices.
When can the SCADA devices be tested?
Brisk Infosec security experts advice that SCADA devices are not to tested when they are live.