MOBILE APPLICATION PENETRATION TESTING
Brisk Infosec mobile application penetration testing service can identify weaknesses within iOS and Android applications. Our BINT Lab maintains an up-to- date mobile application security lab and utilises a combination of both physical devices and mobile device emulators to achieve comprehensive security test coverage. We adopt an integrated approach that combines the strengths of manual penetration testing, jailbreaking technology and mobile platform appropriate tools to identify security risks before they are exploited.
- The process includes several steps, such as reverse-engineering, security controls and application logic, dynamic analysis, inspection of application traffic and locally stored data, examination of the server-side components, and so on.
- During the testing process, security engineers look at the application from an intruder’s viewpoint and try to devise and launch their own intrusion.
- Mobile applications often contain sensitive data such as payment card information, personal data etc. that might be vulnerable if a hacker attack or a lost/stolen mobile device.
- Companies often wish to verify the effectiveness of existing security measures and evaluate the risk of successful exploits. McAfee said that “mobile application should be seen as an extension of the desktop application and thus they should be afforded the same level of attention when it comes to security testing”.
- Vulnerable mobile apps will lead hacked to compromise the critical infrastructure of the application.
Our BINT LAB researchers have developed MAST framework which consists four stages of mobile application security test that covers every aspect of security issues in the target mobile application.
We follow the standards as per the client’s requirement and nature of the Mobile application, such as:
- NCDRC – MAST
Brisk Infosec Penetration Test helps you to identify the potential threats/vulnerability that can compromise your network and systems. We also assist in assessing the magnitude of potential business and operational impacts of successful attacks.
We minimise security risks by assessing the mobile application’s vulnerabilities and recommends solutions with proven methods to enhance security.
We suggest cost-effective risk-mitigation measures based on the customer’s business requirements that will ensure security and continuity of the business.
We identify key high-risk vulnerabilities which, when exploited by an attacker will compromise sensitive information, thus helping you to safeguard your information.
Why mobile application penetration test?
Many organisations now have moved major of their services to the mobile application for more customer satisfaction. Mobile devices are fundamentally different from standard laptops and desktops in that they store short-term information as long as possible (caching) to increase speed. This makes mobile devices more susceptible to security breaches because hackers can access cached information easily.
Who should do a mobile application penetration test?
Today’s apps aren’t just for consumers; they can improve your staff’s productivity too. Instead of making your staff dependent on their laptop/ PCs, you can give them a tablet/smartphone with most important apps installed. This enterprise app shall allow your staff to access information from your CRMs, ERPs, and Financial Systems etc., This is the main reason mobile application penetration test should be performed.
When should we do a mobile applications penetration test?
A mobile application penetration test should be done before deploying it in the real environment to avoid any security crisis and it is also recommended to test at regular intervals after every update.