CLOUD PENETRATION TEST
Brisk Infosec has experience in testing much larger cloud-based environment including Amazon’s EC2, Rackspace managed cloud, Google cloud platforms and Microsoft’s azure platform.
We deliver highly effective penetration testing strategies for all types of public and private cloud infrastructures with extensive experience in identifying the vulnerabilities for these environments. Brisk Infosec delivers highly effective security testing strategies across all could type service.
Many organisations think Cloud Security is Cloud Provider’s responsibility but the cloud providers only take responsibility to secure the underlying infrastructure that supports the cloud. But now application owners should take responsibility to take off their application security which prevents kind of security attacks With an increasing number of enterprises migrating to the Cloud, The chances of breaches, threats and vulnerabilities increase day by day. Enterprises face unique challenges in protecting their resources over the various models of the Cloud.
Brisk Infosec methodology combines many of the steps from standard penetration Testing methodology and Web Application Security Testing methodology for providing Cloud application based security test. Brisk Infosec’s unique Grey box assessment allows conducting penetration tests within the cloud security building blocks.
Brisk Infosec conducts the test in the following categories:
- Authentication Testing
- Session Management
- Access Control
- Malicious Input Control
- Data Protection
- Communication Security
- HTTP Security
- Malicious Control
- Business Logic
- Files and Resources
We follow the OWASP and PTES standards for Cloud Penetration testing.
Security testing is a continuous improvement process to get benefited in terms of increasing security in the cloud. Ensure your cloud to safely store and process the information.
The benefits Cloud penetration test are
- Help achieve compliance
- Data Security
What is the difference between Cloud-based and traditional application security testing?
Every organisation has different needs and goals. We cannot recommend one method over another without understanding the nitty-gritty of the specific case at hand.
Who can choose Cloud-based application security testing?
- A large application base
- Low to medium risk applications
- Organisations with a strict budget and time restrictions
What to consider before adopting cloud pentest?
There are five essentials to be considered while adopting a cloud pentest strategy:
- Scale – The solution needs to scale rapidly with evolving business needs without causing configuration and performance issues.
- Availability – With global teams working around the clock, online solutions should be available 24/7. This calls for strong application portfolio management through a centralised dashboard with features for effortless collaboration.
- Speed – The scanner should be fast with short turnaround times and have the ability to run parallel scans. This is needed especially since most of the organisations are adopting agile methodologies
- Quality – Perhaps the most important factor—the scanner—should perform accurate scans and be able to make triaging of? false positives and false negatives simple and fast. The reporting should include contextual, actionable guidance— empowering developers to resolve identified issues.
- Cost – Agile methodologies not only require rapid scanning, they also require multiple iterations of security testing. These iterations should not incur undue incremental costs.