API SECURITY TESTING
Brisk Infosec help organization to prevent security vulnerabilities through penetration testing. Finding and fixing security vulnerabilities earlier by uncover OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities, running penetration testing at the API / message layer and web UI level, Pinpoint where attacks really succeed—not just areas that may be susceptible to attacks, Validate authentication, encryption, and access control.
Security is a vague term, claiming an API is secure because it uses SSL or OAuth is false, there is more to an API than its transport-layer (although admittedly SSL goes a far way);
- Different Authorization/Authentication standards are at play for REST and SOAP; OAuth 1.X and 2.X, SAML, WS-Security, OpenID Connect, etc.
- SSL is great for transport-level security – but what if ones message data needs to be encrypted (so no one can read it) or signed (so you can be sure it hasn’t been tampered with) after it has been sent over HTTP?
- Testing your API for potential security issues is absolutely essential.
When it comes to API security testing, there are a number of things to consider, so we generate test approaches to perform security testing by both automation and manually. By testing we analyze both request and response; security vulnerabilities can be discovered and fixed earlier in the software development cycle. These are the following methodology we follow to test API:
- Authentication and session management
- Input validation
- Output encoding
- Message Integrity
- HTTP Return Code
Whether you’re using REST, SOAP, or a mix of both, we have got your APIs covered. Detailed analysis of JSON and XML are done completely within our Brisk API Security Testing.
We follow the standards as per the client’s requirement and nature of the API security testing, such as:
- PCI DSS
- Uncover more vulnerability in manual approach when normal automation tool can’t detect.
- Access to application without user interface
- Protection from malicious code and breakage
- Cost Effective / Reduces Testing Cost
Why do you need API Security Testing?
To ensure your API is completely secure from Potential Vulnerability, API security testing is needed.
To whom does this API Security Testing apply?
API Security Testing applies to all the organization which uses API as interface to interact with their web application.
How long it takes to complete API Security?
Our Experts work around clock to finish the security Testing. But even though, the complexity of the API will ultimately determine its cost and time. It is not easy to answer until some level of analyzing has been performed but it will approximately take one to three weeks, from start to finish